Beef Marinated “Fajitas” with Wilted Spinach
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 large limes zested and juiced
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 2 medium jalapeños stem and seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 6 cups fresh spinach wilted
- Place first 8 ingredients in a large plastic bag. Place the skirt steak in the bag, press out the excess air and seal.
- Lightly massage the bag to make sure the marinade coats the meat and then refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add ghee and then place the steak in the pan. Sear 5 minutes each side and remove from the pan. Set aside and cover with foil to rest.
- Meanwhile, add the sliced bell peppers, onion and jalapeños to the skillet. Add the reserved marinade that was used for the meat and sauté vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the skirt steak across the grain and place on a large serving plate. Top with the cooked fajita vegetables and avocado slices. Serve over spinach to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!