Beef and Spinach Bake
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook ground beef.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste, then add ground cumin, chopped green onions and lime juice to taste. Fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 552 Calories; 44g Fat (71.0% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 149mg Cholesterol; 335mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 6 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!