Beef and Cauliflower Dirty Rice
- large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- In a food processor, blend cauliflower until it reaches a rice like consistency.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the oil, add the beef, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, until beef is brown. To the skillet, add the cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the next 6 ingredients (coconut milk through lime zest) and pour over the beef mixture. Stir and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 442 Calories; 36g Fat (72.3% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 110mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!