Basil Crusted Chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- In a food processor, combine basil, garlic, olive oil and parmesan cheese to make a paste. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place chicken breast on bottom. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the paste from the food processor on the chicken breast, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with lid or foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a big tossed salad with Leanne’s Vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 367 Calories; 13g Fat (33.9% calories from fat); 58g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 150mg Cholesterol; 220mg Sodium. Exchanges: 8 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!