Bacon, Avocado and Chicken Casserole
- 1 pound nitrate free bacon chopped
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2 large chicken breasts cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon.
- Cook bacon for 5 minutes, then add shallot and chicken and cook for 10 more minutes, until shallot is tender, the chicken is cooked through and bacon is very crispy.
- Into a large baking dish, using a slotted spoon, add the bacon mixture.
- To the baking dish, add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, uncover baking dish and bake for 5 minutes, until golden brown on top and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!