Apple Steak Bowl
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound beef steak sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped collard greens steamed
- 2 small crisp apples sliced
- 1/4 cup onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. To the pan, add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes, until beef is browned. To the beef, add the paprika, broth and salt and pepper and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated out of the pan.
- When beef has cooled, transfer to a large bowl and add the next 3 ingredients (collards through onion).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (vinegar through honey) and pour over the salad.
- Toss salad and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!