Zucchini, Summer Squash and Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken sausages sliced
- 2 small onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped summer squash
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. To the skillet, add sausage and cook for 5 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer sausage to a bowl and set aside. To the same skillet, add onions and garlic to the remaining sausage fat in the skillet; cook until soft.
- Next, add in the zucchini and squash and cook until slightly brown. Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and fennel seeds. Pour the broth and sausage on top and sprinkle with parsley. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until all flavors are well developed.
- Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!