White Fish with Creamy Cauliflower and Mushrooms
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk + 4 tablespoons divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms sliced
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 8-oz. pieces firm white fish fresh or frozen
- In a medium-size pot on high heat, add water and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook about 8 to 10 minutes until tender.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cauliflower with the 4 tablespoons of coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the remaining coconut milk and salt and pepper, then whisk. Place mushroom slices into the mixture and coat evenly.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil and then cook coated mushrooms until cooked throughout to desired doneness, flipping as needed while cooking. Remove mushrooms from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- In the same heated skillet, place the remaining coconut oil and add the garlic and fish fillets, seasoning with sea salt and pepper to taste as needed while in the skillet. Let cook for about 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway or until most of the fish has turned from opaque to white. Serve warm alongside mashed cauliflower and mushrooms
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!