- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small jalapeno minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 pounds spicy sausages sliced
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add next 8 ingredients (onion through salt and pepper); cook and stir for 10 minutes then transfer mixture to a slow cooker. Add lime juice, sausage, beans and broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve chili in bowls, topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, minced cilantro and chopped green onions. Add a big salad and some warm, buttered corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Replace sausages with 2 (15-ounce) cans drained and rinsed red kidney beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sausages, beans and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 957 Calories; 69g Fat; 43g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 103mg Cholesterol; 1538mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 12 Fat. Points: 25
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!