Warm Spinach Salad with Turkey
- 1 10-oz. package fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups turkey breast cooked, cubed
- 1/4 cup bacon cooked and crumbled OR bacon bits
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place spinach in a large bowl and set aside. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and cook until transparent. Reduce heat to medium-low; add mushrooms, bell pepper and black pepper; blend well. Add turkey cubes and cook until heated through (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spoon hot mixture over spinach; add bacon bits and toss well. Arrange salad on dinner plates. Place dressing ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil then drizzle hot dressing over salad.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor till it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” in a little water till tender; drain, salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with wild rice pilaf instead of Cauli-Rice. Add a bowl of raw baby carrots. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 292 Calories; 16g Fat; 32g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 222mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!