- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 1/2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 8 eggs whisked
- 2 cups browned ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook ground turkey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large oven safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, garlic and broccoli until tender. Pour over the remaining ingredients (eggs through salt and pepper) and then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Remove from the oven and let cook for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure almond meal is gluten free. NUTRITION: 482 Calories; 28g Fat; 45g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 513mg Cholesterol; 356mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!