Turkey, Cauliflower and Zucchini Casserole
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- pinch fresh nutmeg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened; transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the zucchini, cauliflower, coconut milk, chicken broth, nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Stir in chopped turkey then transfer mixture to a slow cooker coated with coconut oil.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with parsley; cover and cook for about 15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!