Turkey and Zucchini Casserole
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- pinch fresh nutmeg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened; transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the zucchini, eggs, coconut milk, almond flour, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Stir in chopped turkey then transfer mixture to a slow cooker coated with coconut oil.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle top of casserole with parsley; cover and cook for about 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!