Thyme Salmon with Navy Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 4 cups cooked navy beans
- 1 large lemon juiced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook navy beans.In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with the thyme, salt and pepper. Cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the salmon is cooked to the desired doneness.
- Toss in the onion and beans and continue to cook until the onion is soft and the beans are heated through. Sprinkle over the lemon juice and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of salmon fillets. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 224 Calories; 5g Fat (20.4% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 2mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!