Summer Chicken and Vegetable Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. To the oil, add the chicken and brown for 5 minutes then add the next 4 ingredients (onion through mushrooms).
- Sauté the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are starting to get tender. To the pot, add the remaining 7 ingredients (coconut milk through parsley), turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Simmer soup for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!