Steak with Grilled Tomato Relish
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 large tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted
- 2 pounds beef skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper); set aside.
- Prepare relish: Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan to MEDIUM. Grill tomato halves 8 to 10 minutes or until charred. Cut grilled tomato halves into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium bowl; along with chopped basil. Pour vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Coat the grill grate with 2 tablespoons of ghee. Grill steaks, salt and pepper thru garlic powder over medium heat for 5 minutes per side or until fork-tender. Serve with relish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!