Steak and Spinach Skillet
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak cut into strips
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook in the skillet for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add in the remaining 6 ingredients (carrots through parsley) and cook 10 minutes until tender. Once all the veggies are cooked through and the steak is done to the desired doneness remove from the heat and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels sprouts. (Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut sides down and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and ghee over medium heat until almost tender. Add a little chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 429 Calories; 30g Fat (64.1% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!