Steak and Baked Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds flank steak cut into strips
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups spinach chopped
- 6 medium baked potatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinade steak for 2+ hours.
- In a large zip top bag, mix together the vinegar, garlic and red pepper flakes. Place the steaks seasoned with salt and pepper and then seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 2-4 minutes per side, or until they reach the desired doneness. Toss in the spinach and season with the salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and serve with the baked potato with butter and sour cream.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Complete meal all on it’s own! VEGETARIAN: Use portobello mushrooms instead of steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure red wine vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 256 Calories; 12g Fat (41.4% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 33mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!