Spicy Chicken with Warm Tropical Salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh green apple
- ¼ cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 medium green tomato chopped (or you can use red)
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Prepare salsa: In a medium saucepan, combine first 9 ingredients (green apple through salt and pepper); and cook on low for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the mixture comes to a simmer and then remove from the heat to cool.
- Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan to MEDIUM. Grill chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes and mint, for 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Serve with salsa.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!