Spanish Chicken and Sausage Stew
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 links spicy sausage
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is soft. Transfer mixture to a large slow cooker.
- To the same skillet, add chicken thighs and sausage; sauté for 5 minutes or until browned; transfer to crock cooker. Add remaining ingredients (bell pepper through thyme).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until chicken is fork-tender. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!