Skillet Steak with Herby Ghee
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 8-oz. flat iron steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 cups baby kale
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and cook in the skillet for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the desired level of doneness is reached.
- Add in the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ghee, parsley, chives and salt and pepper to taste. Place a tablespoon of the ghee mixture on top of each hot steak and then wilt the kale and garlic for about 4 minutes then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!