Shallot Salmon and Brussels Sprouts
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 large salmon fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups sliced Brussels sprouts
- 2 large shallots sliced
- 1 large lemon juiced and zested
- 4 ounces low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add two tablespoons oil to the pan, and then add garlic. Cook garlic 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Liberally season salmon with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add salmon and cook 3 minutes each side, until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining two tablespoons of oil to the pan. Add Brussels sprouts and shallot and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add lemon juice and zest and chicken broth, and continue cooking 4-5 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve the salmon with the veggies. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!