SCD Beef Danube
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound top round steak cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Cook the beef for 2-3 minutes per side. Add in the onions, carrots and garlic and cook until soft. Add in the cauliflower through the rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add in the artichokes and the peas.
- Cook the mixture for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the beefs cooked through and the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!