Savory Nutmeg Pork Tenderloin
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes cubed
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan place the sliced onion and potatoes in a single layer. Place the pork and drizzle over the honey, oil, vinegar, nutmeg, garlic and salt and pepper. Rub the mixture into the pork on all sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients (tomato paste through lemon juice) and drizzle over the pork and onion mixture. Roast the pork in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the pork reaches the desired doneness. Remove from the oven and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and mashed potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Replace main dish with baked russet potatoes and your favorite fixings. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure apple cider vinegar and tomato paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: 296 Calories; 12g Fat (38.3% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 258mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!