Savory Chicken Pot Pie
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 3 medium stalks celery diced
- 2 small carrots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 pound chicken breasts cooked, shredded
- 6 slices bacon cooked
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup water boiling
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high-heat. Add onion, celery and carrots; cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cauliflower; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add half of the salt, the black pepper and the thyme; cook for 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk, chicken broth, chicken and bacon; bring mixture to a low boil.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine arrowroot powder and water; add to the skillet, mixing well. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture has thickened then pour into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and a dash of salt; add remaining olive oil and the boiling water; mix with a fork to form a dough. Roll dough into a rectangular crust and place it loosely over the casserole, making sure no dough is hanging over the edge of the dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is golden and casserole is bubbly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!