Savory Baked Chicken
- 1 cup cashew meal (or use almond meal)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- pinch red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cashew meal through the salt and pepper. Place the cashew mixture in the middle of the thigh and roll up, securing with a toothpick.
- Place in a large greased glass-baking dish, and drizzle over the oil. Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!