Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 pounds ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid add sausage, onion and garlic; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- To the same skillet, add next 5 ingredients (salt and pepper through sweet potatoes). Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Uncover skillet; add the chopped spinach then stir and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed green beans on the side. NUTRITION: 364 Calories; 24g Fat (57.7% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 552mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!