Sausage and Cauliflower Crock Comfort
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 small zucchini chopped
- In a blender or food processor, place first 6 ingredients (tomato sauce through red pepper); process until smooth. With the blender or food processor running, slowly add the avocado oil; blend well then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage; cook, breaking it up with a spoon, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion; cook until soft and sausage is cooked through. Reduce skillet heat to low.
- Add the sauce from the blender or food processor; bring mixture to a simmer, cook for 2 to 4 minutes then remove from heat. Spoon a thin layer of meat mixture on the bottom of a large crock cooker.
- Next, layer half of the cauliflower and zucchini, then one-third of the meat mixture; repeat this process, finishing with the remaining meat mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!