Salmon with Roasted Kale and Red Onion
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 salmon fillets 6-ounce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, add kale, onion, coconut oil, salt and pepper; blend well then pour mixture into a baking dish. Bake for 6 minutes then add salmon to the vegetables and bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- In a medium bowl whisk together remaining ingredients (lemon juice through mustard). Pour sauce over fish and vegetables then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (shredded cabbage and carrots) tossed with Paleo mayo and a little rice vinegar. NUTRITION: 434 Calories; 27g Fat (54.9% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 167mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!