Salmon with Roasted Fennel
- 2 cups chopped fennel
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted
- 4 medium sockeye salmon filets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased roasting pan, place the fennel and sweet potatoes in a single layer. Drizzle the ghee over the veggies and lay the salmon on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 20-23 minutes, or until the fish is cooked to the desired doneness and the veggies are tender. Sprinkle over the lime juice and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 496 Calories; 23g Fat (42.6% calories from fat); 50g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 149mg Cholesterol; 139mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!