Roasted Garlic Turkey Breast with Cauliflower
- 1 turkey breast 6-pound, bone in/skin on
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 4 cups steamed cauliflower florets
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place turkey in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine next 8 ingredients (coconut oil through vinegar); rub mixture into the surface of the turkey and pour chicken broth over the turkey breast. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees at the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove turkey from oven; transfer to a large cutting board and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with steamed cauliflower.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with ghee, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. NUTRITION: 141 Calories; 7g Fat (43.0% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 552mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!