Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 medium Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 small avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 small head green leaf lettuce
- In a medium bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form meat into patties.
- Heat indoor grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Place patties on grill pan and cook for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until the burgers are cooked to the desired doneness.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. To the skillet, add the mushrooms and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, season with salt and pepper.
- Layer mushroom cap, burger, avocado, red onion and lettuce and then top with another mushroom cap and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!