Pork with Eggplant and Olives
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 large eggplant cubed
- 1 large onion cubed
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups green olives pitted
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sear the pork for 3 to 4 minutes until golden.
- In a large slow cooker add pork and remaining ingredients (eggplant through olives) cook on low for 8 hours until the pork is cooked through. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!