Pork Chops with Lemons and Olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pork chops 1 inch thick
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 lemons each cut into 4 slices
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup black olives pitted
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add pork chops; saute for 5 minutes per side or until browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then add remaining ingredients (garlic through olives); continue to cook chops for 5 minutes per side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use tofu. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 306 Calories; 21g Fat; 24g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 209mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!