Peachy Ginger Chicken with Rice
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups steamed jasmine rice
- In a medium saucepan, mash together the peaches, mustard, garlic, tomato paste, ginger and salt and pepper over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, greased with the oil. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in the pan. Pour over the sauce and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure the mustard and the tomato paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: 380 Calories; 8g Fat (21.1% calories from fat); 70g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 176mg Cholesterol; 281mg Sodium. Exchanges: 9 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!