Parsley Saffron Chicken
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the ghee over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add in the onion, saffron, broth and lime juice. Cover with the lid and place the Dutch oven in the oven.
- Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!