Oven Roasted Turkey Breast with Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- 1 3-lb. boneless turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 small cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place turkey on a large cutting board. In a small bowl, mix the ghee, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Gently lift skin from turkey breast and rub ghee mixture under the skin. Place turkey in a baking dish and put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until turkey is white in the center.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients (spinach through almonds).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (olive oil through garlic) and pour over the salad and toss.
- Allow the turkey to cool then slice and serve over the dressed salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 507 Calories; 24g Fat (43.4% calories from fat); 60g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 158mg Cholesterol; 117mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!