Orange Glazed Steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 5-oz. flank steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear the steak for 2-3 minutes per side and then remove the steaks from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining ingredients (orange juice through garlic) to a simmer. Cook the sauce for 4-6 minutes, or until the mixture reduces by half. Place the steak back into the skillet and then flip to get the sauce on both sides. Bake the steak in the oven for 4-6 minutes, or until the steak reaches the desired doneness and then serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure apple cider vinegar and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 356 Calories; 19g Fat; 40g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 182mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!