Mushroom and Steak Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 large shallot minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or use balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 pounds large mushrooms halved
- 1 1/2 pounds beef steaks
- 12 cups fresh spinach
- Prepare vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (shallot through salt and pepper). Add tomatoes; toss to combine then let marinate while you cook the mushrooms.
- Preheat outdoor grill or a large skillet, brushed with the ghee, to MEDIUM. Grill mushrooms and steaks for 5 to 7 minutes or until fork-tender and beef is cooked to the desired doneness. Serve with tomato vinaigrette on top of bed of spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!