- 6 salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate salmon for 1 hour.
- Place salmon in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and brown sugar; pour mixture over salmon then seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with olive oil. Remove salmon from marinade and season with salt and pepper; grill for 4 minutes per side or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole wheat couscous and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of salmon, adjusting marinating and cooking times accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 311 Calories; 13g Fat; 42g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 1134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!