Loaded Veggie Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 20-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 1 pound chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and pepper; cookuntil soft.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boilthen reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in lime-juice, chicken and coconut milk; cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat andserve with the cilantro sprinkled over the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!