Kale and Cucumber Chicken Salad
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 small mandarin oranges peeled and segmented
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook 2 small chicken breasts in Crock Cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (kale through chicken).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (vinegar through chili powder) and pour over the salad. Toss salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries. (Peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder.) NUTRITION: 294 Calories; 23g Fat (66.7% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 40mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!