Island Salmon and Asparagus
- 4 medium wild caught salmon fillets
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large lime juiced
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 pound asparagus spears trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Do Ahead Tip: Marinate for 1 hour, (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, place salmon fillets; add next 8 ingredients (coconut milk through green onion);mix well. Cover bowl and let sit overnight in the refrigerator, or at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill pan or skillet to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill pan with ghee; season asparagus with sea salt, pepper, and olive oil and place directly on grill pan for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender;remove and set aside. Place seasoned salmon on grill pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side,or until the fish reaches the desired doneness; remove from grill pan, pair with asparagus and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!