Grilled Steak Salad
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 large head Boston lettuce or Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 pound blue cheese or goat cheese crumbled
- 3/4 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 2 pounds beef skirt steak
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (mustard through salt and pepper) along with 3 tablespoons of olive oil; set aside.
- Prepare salad: In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cheese and walnuts; set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Grill steak for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until it reaches desired level of doneness; transfer to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Toss salad with dressing and top with steak slices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumber on the side. Add some crusty rolls and butter. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, use 2 (15-ounce) cans drained and rinsed black beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 606 Calories; 47g Fat; 42g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 698mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!