Grilled Salmon and Warm Minty Salad
- 4 large salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups mixed spring greens
- Heat grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat. Rub both sides of each salmon fillet with avocado oil, salt and pepper and mint. Place the salmon on the grill pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until it reaches the desired doneness. Remove from the grill pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, add the remaining ingredients (onion through greens). Pour dressing over the salad and toss over medium heat. Cook until greens are just wilted. Serve the salmon over the cooked green mixture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!