Grilled Jalapeno Turkey
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless turkey breast halves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeno chopped, seeded
- 3 medium limes juiced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 6 cups baby spinach
- Do Ahead Tip: Marinate the turkey for 1 hour, (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, place turkey; add next 8 ingredients (salt/pepper through onion); mix well. Cover bowl and let sit overnight in the refrigerator, or at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill pan to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush the grill pan with ghee; place seasoned turkey on grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from grill pan and then set aside to rest for at least 5 minutes. Then slice the turkey and place on bed of spinach leaves and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!