Ginger Berry Pork Chops Over Kale
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries or use blueberries if unavailable
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 medium boneless pork chops
- 10 large kale leaves, ribs removed and steamed until tender
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend first 8 ingredients (ginger through coconut aminos); pulse until smooth. Placein large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a roasting pan; Smear half of ginger-berry mixture evenly over pork chops and place in theroasting pan.
- In a large bowl, toss kale with second half of ginger mixture and place in the roasting pan, greased withthe ghee, around the chops. Cook the pork chops and kale for 30-35 minutes, or until the pork is cookedthrough.
- Place kale on large serving platter, top with pork chops and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!