Cuban Beef Roast with Summer Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds beef rump roast
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large yellow bell pepper seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a crock cooker place the coconut oil through the bell peppers. Pour the water over the roast so the seasonings mix in with the vegetables. Cover and cook for 6 hours until meat is tender and cooked to desired doneness. At about 4 hours in add in the green beans and stir.
- Slice meat and serve warm alongside cooked vegetables and juices from the pot with a sprinkle of cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!