Crock Shrimp and Spinach Chowder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 3 cups frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- In a large crock cooker, place all the ingredients except the shrimp and coconut milk, (onion through salt and pepper) and mix well. Cook on LOW for 4 hours, and then stir in the shrimp and coconut milk. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 hours more, or until the shrimp is cooked through. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!