- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add pork cubes and saute till browned; salt and pepper to taste. Add the onion and sauté a minute longer.
- Transfer mixture to crock cooker. Add water to the skillet and scrape up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; add this liquid to the slow cooker.
- Add the cabbage and toss well with the pork. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, paprika and garlic; pour over pork and cabbage; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until pork is fork-tender. About 15 minutes before serving, combine flour, sour cream and caraway seeds in a small bowl; stir into pork mixture in slow cooker, blending thoroughly. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes while you prepare the rest of the meal.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 2 directions). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. Add steamed baby carrots. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free ketchup or tomato sauce and almond flour instead of whole wheat flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 219 Calories; 9g Fat; 22g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 60mg Cholesterol; 147mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!